Since 2017, my main focus as a composer has been the development of Sway, my interactive live processing environment for any number of musicians. Sway is a computer program that I'm designing using SuperCollider that conducts live audio analysis on each musician and generates an electroacoustic soundscape using the live sounds and analysis data of that musician. Because of this, each performance is entirely unique and unrepeatable. Furthermore, for each performance I change and develop the system to be more robust and generate greater variety of spaces.
This subscription is a yearly subscription to my ongoing "Sway Prototypes" Volume series. 4 volumes are planned for this series over the next year and by subscribing, you're actively helping me produce the complete series from the get-go. You can subscribe to either get access to the digital versions or both the digital and CD versions. Each volume is packed with live performances from 2017 onwards documenting the development of Sway with both my sextet as well as solo performances and ad-hoc groups in Chicago and Stockholm. The CDs will come packaged in 6-panel eco-packs with exclusive liner notes about the pieces and performances documented on each volume. The graphics for the series have been designed by Yesim Tosuner. As a bonus for subscribing you'll get a digital copy of my 2013 release IRIS as well as access to special updates and bonus downloads including special electronics-only mixes and unreleased recordings. You will also gain some insight into the development of the music.
The tentative track listing for the Sway Prototype Series is:
Sway Prototypes - Volume 1
1) Three Sections - recorded 9/24/2017 at Firehouse 12, New Haven, CT
2) Quadrants - recorded 3/23/2018 at Lilypad, Cambridge, MA
Sway Prototypes - Volume 2
1) Emergence - recorded 10/9/2018 at Firehouse 12, New Haven, CT
2) Bloom - recorded 10/17/2018 at Best Video, Hamden, CT
Sway Prototypes - Volume 3
1) Shroud - recorded 1/20/2019 at Elastic Arts, Chicago, IL
2) Untitled - recorded 2/6/2019 at Fylkingen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sway Prototypes - Volume 4
1) TBD !!!
Personnel (across all 4 volumes)
Alejandro Acierto, contrabass clarinet; Hanna Brock, violin; Erica Dicker, violin; Junko Fujiwara, cello; Aaron Getsug, soprano and tenor saxophone, Bb clarinet; Louis Guarino Jr, trumpet; Andria Nicodemou, vibraphone; Anne Rhodes, voice; Susana Santos Silva, trumpet; Mattias Ståhl, vibraphone; Carl Testa, bass, electronics
Thank you for your interest and I hope you support this project.
What you get:
- All the new music I make streaming instantly on your mobile device via the free Bandcamp app, and also available as a high-quality download.*
- Exclusive access to the Carl Testa fan community.
- These back-catalog and subscriber-only releases:
- A 10% discount on all my merchandise.
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re supporting me in a sustainable way.
For $48/year, you get everything above.
You’re a subscriberThank you!
For $60/year, you get everything above, plus:
Includes the CD version of each volume of the Sway Prototypes series (up to 4 volumes) given to you. (Local pickup in New Haven, CT only)You’re a subscriberThank you!
For $76/year, you get everything above, plus:
Includes the CD version of each volume of the Sway Prototypes series (up to 4 volumes) shipped directly to you anywhere in the world.You’re a subscriberThank you!